Department of Medical Records
Medical Records Department of The Madras Medical Mission is fully digitalized and responsible for maintaining Medical Records in a standardized and professional manner to protect patient confidentiality and allow appropriate access to healthcare providers to promote quality healthcare as per guidelines of National & State Governing bodies
Medical Records Department of The MMM is responsible for maintenance and preservation of Health Records of the patients.
Major role of the Medical Records Department of MMM includes:
• Support in Legal Proceedings & Medico Legal Protection
• Education & Training
• Accreditation Process
• Release of Information - Insurance, TPA’s, legal, Governing bodies
• Assistance in Clinical Research & Epidemiological Studies
• Preparing Health Information Data
• Notification of Birth, Death & Communicable Diseases
Health Records Association of India (HERA-I)
Health Record Association of India (HERAI-I) is the Pioneer National Association for Medical Records Professionals. The Association was registered with the Registrar of Societies in the year 2003. As of date, the association has more than 500 life time members from all over the country and 70 international members from several countries.
Main objectives of HERA-I are
• To work for legislative and legal validity of the profession
• To promote continuous education on medical records among healthcare professionals and students
• To conduct Annual National Medical Records Conference in the name of “MEDRECON” to bring all the Medical Records & Health Information Professionals around the world under one banner to share and update the current practice in Medical Records.
HERA-I International Chapter:
HERA-I International Chapter is an extension of HERA-I National Association with 70 HERA-I members of health information
management (HIM) professionals working in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Quwain, Fujairahand Saudi Arabia. Formed in the year 2016, the International chapter has been supporting HERA-I’s Mission.
Medical Records Department of The Madras Medical Mission is hosting the MEDRECON 2023, 22nd Annual
National Medical Records Conference, Theme on “Laws Governing the Privacy, Confidentiality, Safety of
Patient Medical Records and Health Information Management”on 3rd & 4th of March 2023. This conference is intended to update the knowledge in recent aspects of Health Records and will be a platform for exchange of ideas among the participants. Nationalexperts in the field of Medical Records, Forensic Professors & Legal Advisor will be the resource persons.
Highlights of the Conference
• Theme in line with “ Laws Governing the Privacy, Confidentiality, Safety of Patient Medical Records and Health
• Identify best practices available in the field of Medical Records and HIM
• International renowned Speakers Participation
• Share the knowledge and experience gained in the field of Medical Records
MEDRECON – 2023, 22nd Annual National Medical Records Conference will be bigger and better
Participants will be benefit from the high quality information exchange and networking opportunity.
The conference will be marked by the presence of key decision makers from the government, corporate sectors from INDIA and abroad.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Medical Records & HIM Professionals / Students
- CEOs / Medical Directors / Doctors
- Hospital Administrators
- Nursing Leaders / Superintendents / Supervisors / Staff Nurses / Students
- Hospital Quality Teams
- MHA & MBA Students
- Student From Allied Healthcare Services
MEDRECON 2023 Committee welcomes poster presentation from the Students. For further details contact the Organizing Secretary – MEDRECON 2023.
Topics for scientific sessions
• Laws Governing the Data Security & Confidentiality in EMR / EHR
• Elucidation of Data Security and Protection in Patient Health Record
• Adaptation of ICD – 11
• Principles and Legal Aspects of Patient’s Medical Records Data Management
• Design and implementation of a Mobile Application operating information management system based on
Electronic Medical Records
• Provision of the Information Technology Act in EMR / EHR
• Whether Digital Signature is acceptable in Health Care Industry
• Completion of Medical Records is a clinician role or Medical Records Professional Role
• Importance of Medical Records in Consumer Protection Act
• Contradistinction of EMR and HER
• Revenue Sources oriented Medical Records
• Right to Information Act is applicable to Medical Records / Health Care Industry
• Health Care Laws & Aspects of Medical Records vs EMR or HER
• Role of Consent in Medico Legal Cases
Guidelines for Abstract submission
• Organizing Committee invites Scientific papers for the presentation related to the theme of the Conference.
• Registration for the conference is mandatory for all those delegates who are interested in presenting
Scientific papers during the Conference.
• Submitted paper should be in English and structured under the following headings: Title of the paper, Author(s),
Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion and Conclusion.
• Full paper presentation along with the registration fee should reach the Organizing Secretary, MEDRECON-2023 on
or before 15th January, 2023.
• All the papers received before the due date will be scrutinized by the Scientific Committee and selected for presentation.
• Author(s) of papers selected for presentation will be intimated by 15th February, 2023. Maximum time limit
allowed for presentation will be 20 minutes with 5 minutes for discussion.
• However all the papers fulfilling the above theme / criteria with the registration fee will be published in the conference souvenir.